Tuesday, March 3, 2009

ding dong ditch... and a cluster of other things...

So we headed out the door this morning like any normal day. You see, here in Spain (and France as well) the lights in the hallways are on timers, to save electricity, as lesson we in the States could learn. We I headed down the 1st flight of stairs and had forgotten to hit the light switch out side of our apartment. So on the next floor I hit the button for what I thought was the light. Oops. It was the doorbell. I took off running down the stairs, laughing and returning an Hola to the people on the next floor. Yes, I suppose I ding dong ditched some people, not on purpose of course, but man I laughed for a good 10 minutes after that.

This morning our goal was to hand out a decent stack of flyers for the youth English weekend. Our goal was to them into mail boxes near our location. Ya see, mailboxes here are inside the building, which of course are open. We tried ringing a few doors, saying Propaganda, hoping someone would buzz us in, but no luck. So we decided to go get some tape and at least tape up some signs right outside the apartments. We started walking, and I'd say out loud, "Father, please open up a few doors for us." BAM! Someone would come in/out of the apartment, so we'd rush over and quickly put the flyers into the mailboxes. We'd walk a little further with not getting in, just taping them to the outside, and again I'd say, "Father please open up a few doors." And again, BAM! a door opened. Really, no lie. Every time I said the words aloud, a door would open. And within an hour we had handed out all the flyers. Which was a blessing for the one teammate as she is having foot troubles. But, it's amazing how I asked in the small things, and God opened the doors. I just continue to pray, that those that received the flyers will call and sign up for the weekend. He opened those doors for some reason.

On another note, I got a new jacket! While we were out handing out the flyers, all the stores that are normally closed when we go out were open. When I had originally packed, I packed much warmer clothes. Not that the jacket was necessary, but it'll be nice not to have to wear the same one day in and day out!

The other day I got the Spring and Summer EP by Jon Foreman. I must say it's quite amazing. But there's a few songs that spoke into my heart. A line in one of the songs says, "It's funny how life is seldom what you plan... Don't let the panic bring you down..." These words could not have been any more perfect for me and my situation. This current life I'm living day in and day out, is not at all what I planned, but don't let the panic bring you down. And another song titled, Your Love is Strong, states: So why do I worry?/Why do I freak out?/God knows what I need/You know what I need//Your love is/Your love is/Your love is strong. Those are my current words, Your love is strong. He does know what I need, and His love will carry me each and every day that He is gracious to give me life.

Also, yesterday, my field supervisors have another plan in mind that could allow me to stay in Europe until June. I'm totally excited about the idea. I cannot really give any details at this point, as many others have to sign off on the idea first, but it was a glimmer of hope for me, just as the sun is shinning today. God is working. I know it. I feel it. And as I said last time, I'm trusting every moment that He is guiding my paths and knows the way before me. He opened the doors today, I know He can continue to open other doors.

- Trusting in HIM - jen

1 comment:

  1. I really like the song Your Love is Strong. It is such a great reminder of what His love is like.

    ReplyDelete